The Self Publisher's FAQ
Whether you are starting a new press or you are an author thinking about self-publishing, you'll be confronted by a lot of questions. Publishing can seem overwhelming to those just beginning. Fortunately, there's help!
The Self-Publisher's FAQ answers many questions ranging the entire experience of publishing. It covers:
- Starting a press: Should I incorporate? What should I name my company? How can I get funding?
- Understanding book industry practices: Why do I have to discount? What are returns? How do I handle P.O.s? Do I have to pay for shipping?
- Producing a book or ebook: Do I need an editor? Can I typeset the book myself? How do I get a cover designer? Do I need to print or go directly into ebooks?
- The requisite forms and website registrations: What is Books in Print? What is Metadata? What is the difference between copyright and copyright registration?
- Marketing (without which, your book won't sell!): How do I define my audience? What is a marketing plan? What is an author platform? Do I need a publicist?
- The Self-Publisher's FAQ Countdown: When am I supposed to buy an ISBN, write my marketing plan and send books out for review?
In clear, no-nonsense replies, you'll find the answer to these and many, many other questions!
"Whether you decide to put out an ebook or a lavishly designed hardcover art book, do all the work yourself or hire publishing professionals, The Self-Publisher's FAQ is a great start to your publishing journey!"—Dan Poynter, author of The Self-Publishing Manual, from the foreword.